Today I was in person working with a personnel trainer who works with the Exeter Hospital but is in Hampton New Hampshire. Overall today was a really productive day, I was watching Him work with about five clients who all did their own workouts. It was interesting to see how many questions the trainer asked when giving a session and they always asked do if the client wants to do more. The morning session clients were older around sixty and seventy and they were doing more exercises to help strengthen their balance or help an already existing injury. For example one of the clients had a shoulder injury so most of his workout was rehab for that shoulder and working with bands and cables to strengthen it. They also went over an on boarding system with me, which was what they do when they get new clients and need to assess them. Instead of just telling me what they do they actually did the test with me and it was pretty cool to see where I fell on their screening. The screening consisted of finding where a client's weak points may be or what can be worked on. For me, they saw that I didn’t have very good hip mobility and they suggested more hip exercises and stretches for me. They also also went over how they make a program and it consists of three major components, knee exercises, hip exercises shoulder exercises. They built their programs off these exercises and would also add in other exercises that would benefit their clients. The high points were I go to ask a lot of questions and was able to learn some new things myself just from watching and listening to how they talked to their clients. 

Hours: 6





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

senior day 7

Senior project day 1

1st week reflection