1st week reflection

 This week was a very full week and had a lot of new experiences and learned a lot. I got through many classes and was able to take some practice tests which will help me understand what I will need to work on for when I take the final exam for my verification. The first week of classes mainly focused on anatomy and physiology and getting to understand the body. This involves learning terms used in the personal training field. Also understanding injuries and how to avoid them when working with clients. Next week is more about setting up a routine and getting the client to meet their goal and get better. Working with the personal trainers in Hampton was a really cool experience and I was able to learn a lot and see what it’s like to work directly with clients. I also saw how onboarding works when they get a new client and what they have to do to asses a client and create a program for their specific needs. The high point of the week was working with them and really getting to ask the questions I wouldn’t get answered if I never worked with them. Next week I will be shadowing them again and continuing my classes. I have prepared more questions to ask for the next time we meet and I look forward to learning more about personal training. I hope to work more with the clients next week and hope that the trainers will allow me to instruct a few exercises. I think the trainers are just gaining my trust and getting to understand the experience and knowledge that I have with weight training and personal training. This experience will help me for my summer job which will be personal training at the local YMCA. I really enjoy working with clients and sharing the knowledge that I have with others. 

hours: 28.5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

senior day 7

Senior project day 1